|Natural Waterfalls Route
|Escaping the crowded beaches in summer, this is an excellent opportunity to get to know hidden and extremely beautiful areas of Trás-os-Montes in northern Portugal.
Places few people know of provide unique moments of leisure in close contact with wild nature. We will take the opportunity to observe old water mills and the local fauna and flora typically associated with mountain rivers.
The whole family can enjoy a swim in the natural pools and waterfalls, which will whet the appetite for a picnic of local foods.
Starting: 8:00 am at Porto1, 9:30 at Régua2, and 10:00 at Vila Real3
- Departure towards Alvão Mountain Range;
- Trip across the Alvão mountain, passing by old villages made of granite;
- Short walk downhill to a river, with several old water mills along the margins, while appreciating the beautiful scenery around;
- Swim in the natural pools and waterfalls;
- Lunch at a local restaurant or picnic with local products;
- The trip continues along the Alvão mountain for sightseeing, with some stops at the most interesting points;
- Walk a steep descent until a beautiful and wild mountain river, that runs between narrow cliffs of hot schist rocks that warm up the water, allowing a very nice bath at the end of the day;
- Return to Vila Real and Régua;
End of programme: 6:30 pm at Vila Real4 , 7:00 pm at Régua5, and 8:30 pm at Porto.
|Price per person
|| 58 €
|From June to September
|Children between 4 and 11 years-old: 50%
Children younger than 4 years-old: free
Price includes: guide, transport, insurance, taxes
Price does not include: lunch
A picnic with local products can be provided for a minimum of 4 people: it costs extra 10 euros/person
Minimum number: 2 adults
Maximum number: 8 people (for larger groups please ask us for prices)
Languages: Portuguese, English, Spanish
Type of programme: Guided tour
Degree of difficulty: moderate
Place: Alvão Mountain Range (county of Vila Real)
It is advisable to bring: water, snacks, hat, coat, walking shoes with rubber sole, swimming suit and towel.
Pick-up | Drop-off: 1 Pick-up and drop-off at the hotel in Oporto for groups between 4 and 8 people (minimum number of 4 adults required): add 27 € per person to the price of the programme;
2 Pick-up at the Régua train station at 9:30 am (add 7 € per person to the price of the programme)
3 Pick-up at Vila Real at 10:00 am.
4 Drop-off at 6:30 pm at Vila Real, for a bus departing at 7:30 pm to Oporto.
5 Drop-off at 7:00 pm at Régua, for a train departing at 7:21 pm to Oporto.
How to get there: Douro line train to Régua (there is a train that leaves Porto – Campanhã Station – daily at 7:30 am, that arrives Régua at 9:12 am);
Bus to Vila Real (there are buses from the company Auto-Viação do Tâmega, daily from Monday to Saturday, that leave Porto, at Parque das Camélias, near Batalha Square, at 7:55 am, arriving Vila Real at 9:40 am);
Rent-a-car: good prices and conditions (partner JAP Rent-a-Car).