- To promote the cooperation between the economic agents related to the tourism and culture fields in Porto and its region;
To encourage the differentiation, the specialization and the improvement of the tourism offer in this destination;
To value the cultural and natural resources to enhance a high-quality tourism offer;
To spread and promote the destination, both in a national and an international level;
- To organize educational events in order to give notice of the importance of the local and regional heritage.
Following its objectives ATC carries on the following activities:
Support to its associates, based on the organization of the product, as well as on market studies and guidance of initiatives related to the quality of the services available, as to assure the tourists’ satisfaction;
- Execution of promotion projects of the products offered by its associates, in and outside the country;
- Organization and participation in fairs, congresses, seminars and workshops;
- Information on the products through sites, videos, brochures, maps and data dossiers;
- Maintenance and daily work at the main Office, with all the convenient services, such as bookings, reservations and public attendance;
- Admission and association of new partners and public and private entities and organizations.
ATC/Porto Tours has presently the following products available:
- Cruises in the Douro River;
- Guided bus/car tours in Porto and its region;
- Guided bus/car tours in Lisbon and its region;
- Panoramic bus guided tours in Porto;
- Mini-train tours in Porto;
- Helicopter trips over Porto and its region;
- Walking tours through Porto’s Historical Centre;
- Wine and gastronomy tours in Porto and its region;
- Visits to the Port Wine Cellars;
- Visits to the Vineyards;
- Nature Tourism;
- River Kayaking;
- Gastronomy Workshops;
- Tours to museums and visits to further cultural spaces.
- Official Tourist Guides;
- Transfer services;
- Motorcycle & Bike Rental;
- Train trips in the CP sub-urban trains.
ATC / Porto Tours, will include a booking centre and is aimed at the following target groups:
- National and international tour operators;
- National and international tour agents;
- Individual tourists;
- City visitors.